Sindhi biriyani Recipe:
Sindhi biriyani is a rice based dish prepared with marinated meat.It is a bit time consuming but it tastes so delicious that you wont mind investing time and effort for preparing this biriyani. Unlike Hyderabadi Biriyani (For Hyderabadi Biriyani recipe please click here)the chicken is not layered with the rice in sindhi biriyani but is cooked with the rice.The marination time is also shorter in Sindhi biriyani,but it is advised to marinate the meat for at least 1 hour.Serve the biriyani with mint chutney and any curry dish.
Sindhi Biriyani Ingredients:
- 250 grams chicken.
- 1 cup Basmati rice.
- 2 potatoes ,peeled and cut in halves.
- 4 to 5 green chilies.
- 1 bay leaf.
- 2 tomatoes,cut in cubes.
- 4 small onions cut in cubes.
- 2 large onions chopped.
- 3 table spoon onion paste.
- 2 table spoon ginger paste.
- 2 table spoon garlic paste.
- 1 table spoon cumin powder.
- 1 table spoon coriander powder.
- 2 tea spoon turmeric powder.
- 2 tea spoon red chili powder.
- 7 to 8 mint leaves.
- 1 cinnamon stick(1").
- 4 to 5 crushed cardamons.
Ingredients for marination:
- 1 cup thick curd.
- 1 tea spoon turmeric powder.
- 1 tea spoon red chili powder.
- 2 tea spoon cumin powder.
- 2 tea spoon coriander powder.
- 2 table spoon oil.
- Mix the chicken with all the ingredients listed under the "Ingredients for marination column" and refrigerate it for at least one hour.
Sindhi Biriyani Cooking process:
- Heat oil in a kadhai or thick bottom pan and add the bay leaf,cinnamon stick,crushed cardamons,chopped green chilies,chopped onions and saute till the onions become translucent.Add the onion paste,garlic paste,ginger paste and stir fry for 1 minute.Now add the turmeric powder,red chili powder,cumin powder,coriander powder and fry till the oil separates from the oil.
- Add the marinated chicken and mix with the spices.Place a lid on the pan and cook in low heat for 5 minutes.Add also the potato cubes.
- Now add the onion cubes and tomato cubes and mix well.Cook the chicken in medium heat for 15 minutes,stir occasionally so that the chicken does not stick to the pan.
- Wash and add the rice and 2 cups of water,mint leaves,cover the pan and cook till the rice is all done.Serve hot with any curry based dish.