Aloo bhindi sabzi Ingredients:
- 100 grams bhindi(Okra/ladies finger) washed and chopped.
- 1 potato peeled and cut in cubes.
- 1 large onion chopped.
- 1 tomato chopped.
- 2 dried red chilies.
- 1/2 tea spoon turmeric powder.
- 1/2 tea spoon red chili powder.
- 1/2 tea spoon sugar(optional).
- 1 tea spoon cumin powder.
Aloo bhindi sabzi Method:
- Heat oil in a pan and add the dried chilies and fry for 10 secs,now add the chopped onions and saute till the onions are soft.Add the tomato and fry for 30 secs.
- Now add the potato cubes and sprinkle little water in the pan ,mix the potato cubes with the copped onions and tomato and cover the pan with a lid.Let it cook in low heat for 7 to 8 minutes.Stir occasionally.
- Add the chopped bhindi(okra) and mix well .Also add the turmeric powder,red chili powder,cumin powder and stir gently for 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup water and cook till the bhindi(okras) are done and you get the desired gravy consistency.
- Serve hot with rice/roti or paratha(For plain paratha recipe click here).
Aloo Bhindi Recipe