Kochu Saag Ghonto Recipe:
Kochu Saag Ghonto Ingredients:
- 2 to 3 bunch of edible Colocasia/Taro(Kachu) stems.
- 2 table spoon grated coconut.
- 1 bay leaf.
- 1/2 cup roasted pea nuts.
- 1 tea spoon ghee.
- 1/2 tea spoon garam masala.
- 1 cinnamon stick.
- 2 to 3 cardamoms.
- 1/2 tea spoon sugar.
- 1/4 tea spoon haldi or turmeric powder.
- 1/4 tea spoon red chili powder.
Kochu Saag Ghonto Method:
- Wash the young and edible Colocasia/Taro(Kochu) stems properly and cut them in thumb size pieces.Boil slightly salted water in a pot and add the colocasia/Taro stems(Kochu) in the water.Boil them for 4 to 5 minutes.Drain all the water and grind the boiled stems to form a thick smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan or kadhai and add the bay leaf ,cinnamon stick and the cardamoms and saute for 30 seconds.Now add the paste that we made with the boiled colocasia(Kochu) stems into the pan and stir for for couple of seconds.Also add the turmeric powder,red chili powder,salt and sugar and mix well.Water will start oozing out from the mixture,cook it in medium heat till almost all the water evaporates.Now add grated coconut and roasted pea nuts and mix well.Cook for another 1 or 2 minutes,add ghee and garam masala,mix and remove from heat.
- Serve hot with rice.