Aloo Karela ki sabzi Recipe:
Aloo Karela ki sabzi Ingredients:
- 1 bitter gourd/bitter melon(Karela).
- 2 potatoes.
- 1 chopped onion.
- 1 tea spoon cumin seeds.
- 2 table spoon curd.
- 1 tea spoon sugar.
- 1 chopped tomato.
- 1/2 tea spoon turmeric powder.
- 1/2 tea spoon cumin powder.
- 1/2 tea spoon red chili powder.
- 2 table spoon coriander seeds.
Aloo Karela ki sabzi Method:
- Wash and scrap the bitter gourd skin and cut it in small pieces,rub salt and turmeric powder to the pieces and shallow fry them.Also peel and wash the potatoes and cut them in cubes,fry the potato cubes golden brown.Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds in the pan ,once the cumin seeds start to crackle add the chopped onions and fry till they become soft.Now add the chopped tomatoes and fry for another 30 seconds or so.
- Add turmeric powder,cumin powder,red chili powder,sugar and saute the mixture for 1 minute in medium heat.Now add the fried bitter gourd(Karela) pieces and potato cubes and mix well.Take a bowl and whisk the curd with little water in it.Now reduce the heat and add the whisked curd in the pan,stir continuously so that the curd does not split.
- Add 1/2 cup warm water,salt and bring the curry to boil,let the curry simmer in medium heat till you get your desired gravy consistency.Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.