Thursday, 12 October 2017
Tuesday, 21 January 2014
Paneer Makhni Recipe:
Paneer Makhni Ingredients:
- 250 grams Paneer(Cottage cheese) cubes.
- 1/2 cup tomato puree.
- 2 table spoon onion paste.
- 2 to 3 chopped green chilies.
- 1 tea spoon ginger paste.
- 2 tea spoon garlic paste.
- 1 bay leaf.
- 2 table spoon butter.
- 1 tea spoon red chili powder.
- 1/2 tea spoon turmeric powder.
- 2 tea spoon cumin powder.
- 1/2 tea spoon garam masala powder.
- 1/4 cup fresh whisked curd.
Paneer Makhni Cooking Method:
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the Paneer cubes till they become golden brown on both sides.
- In the remaining oil add the butter.Add the bay leaf and chopped green chilies and fry for 30 secs or so.Now add the ginger paste and saute till the raw smell of the ginger is completely gone.Also add the onion paste and saute for another minute or so.Add the garlic paste,cumin powder,red chili powder,turmeric powder and mix well.Fry till the oil separates from the spice mixture.
- Now add the tomato puree and cook for 1 minute.Also add the whisked curd and mix well .Reduce the flame,cover the pan and let it cook in low flame for 1 to 2 minutes.Now add the fried paneer(Cottage cheese) cubes ,little water,salt and mix well.
- Your paneer makhni is ready and serve with roti or paratha.
Posted by Unknown at 20:22
Muli ka Raita Recipe:
Muli ka Raita Ingredients:
- 1 radish.
- 1 carrot.
- 1 cucumber.
- 3 to 4 curry leaves.
- 1 tea spoon mustard seeds.
- 1 tea spoon sugar.
- 1 cup curd.
- 4 to 5 mint leaves finely chopped.
Muli ka Raita Cooking Method:
- Wash and peel the skin of radish,carrot and cucumber.Now grate all 3 and mix them in a bowl.
- Add the finely chopped mint leaves in the bowl and mix with the grated vegetables.Add salt and sugar.Add curd and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan.Add the curry leaves and mustard seeds.Once the mustard seeds start to crackle pour this in the mixing bowl and mix with the curd and veggies.
- Your raita is ready.
Posted by Unknown at 03:40
Sunday, 19 January 2014
Kaju Katli Recipe:
Kaju Katli Ingredients:
- 3 cups cashew nuts.
- 1 1/2 cup sugar.
- 2 table spoon milk.
- 1/2 cup water.
- 2 tea spoon corn starch.
Kaju Katli cooking method:
- Dry grind the cashew nuts till you get a fine and smooth powder.
- Boil water and sugar in a thick bottom pan in low flame and keep stirring.Once the sugar is completely dissolved in water add the cashew powder.Add milk ,reduce the flame and keep stirring till the mixture becomes thick.Now add the corn starch and mix well.
- Remove from heat and spread the mixture onto a flat greased surface.Using a greased rolling pan roll the mixture.
- Now cut it in diamond shape and your Kaju Katlis are ready.
Posted by Unknown at 19:39
Saturday, 18 January 2014
Beetroot Paratha Recipe:
Beetroot Paratha Ingredients:
Ingredients for the dough:
- 2 cup whole-wheat flour.
- 1 table spoon vegetable oil.
Ingredients for the stuffing:
- 1/2 cup cup grated beetroot.
- 1 finely chopped onion.
- 3 to 4 green chilies finely chopped.
- 1 tea spoon cumin powder.
- 1/2 tea spoon turmeric powder.
- 2 table spoon finely chopped coriander leaves.
- oil for frying.
Beetroot Paratha cooking Method:
Dough Preparation :
- Sieve the flour with the salt and 1 table spoon oil.
- Add the refined oil and mix well. Add enough water and make a semi-soft dough,as you would do for any paratha/roti.Cover with a damp cloth and keep aside .
Filling Preparation :
- Heat oil in a pan and stir fry the finely chopped onions and green chilies till the onions become soft.
- Add the grated beetroot,salt,turmeric powder,cumin powder and mix well.Fry in low to medium heat till the beetroot is cooked.
- Add the finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well.Our stuffing is ready.
Making Paratha :
- Knead the dough again and divide the dough into equal parts and roll into smooth balls.
- Take a dough ball and flatten it by pressing. Place stuffing on it.
- Make it into a ball again.Seal the edges completely so that the stuffing does not come out.
- Roll out the dough ball again into a circle.You can use flour to dust the surface where you will roll the paratha so that the paratha does not stick to the surface. Now your parathas are ready to be cooked.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and place the paratha on it,cook both sides equally,serve hot with yogurt or pudina chutney.
Posted by Unknown at 19:34
Friday, 17 January 2014
Chicken Ghugni recipe:
Chicken Ghugni Ingredients:
- 2 cups dried yellow peas,soaked,drained and boiled.
- 1/2 cup boneless chicken cubes.
- 1 bay leaf,torn half.
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger.
- 2 tea spoon crushed garlic.
- 1 large onion,finely chopped.
- 1 table spoon chopped green chilies.
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 2 teaspoon cumin powder.
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder.
- 1/4 cup coconut sliced.
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder.
Chicken Ghugni cooking Method:
- Heat oil in a kadhai or pan and add the chicken cubes and shallow fry them in medium heat till they are tender.Remove from the pan and keep aside.
- In the remaining oil add the chopped onion,green chilies,bay leaf.Saute till the onions become light brown.
- Add the grated ginger and stir fry for a minute or so.Now also add the turmeric powder,cumin and red chili powder,mix well.Add the boiled yellow peas,mix well.Also add the crushed garlic.
- add 1 cup water,place a lid on the pan and let it cook in medium heat for 15 to 10 minutes.Now add the chicken cubes,place a lid on the pan and cook it for another 10 minutes.
- Add the garam masala and mix.Your Bengali Style chicken Ghugni is ready.
- Serve ghugni hot with luchi or puri or roti.
Posted by Unknown at 21:39