Bengali Malpua Recipe :
Malpua is one of the easy to make pithas(Bengali sweet dish).All you need is maida(flour),sooji(semolina),sugar,milk and cardamom powder,funnel seeds for flavor.It is almost like making pan cakes only deep fried ;) .You can also use mashed bananas or grated coconut in the batter to increase the richness of the pitha,but in that case you may not be able to store it for long period.Malpua is a common dessert in Bengal and Orissa and is cooked in every household during poush sankranti.Cook and store them in a jar and you can enjoy them as dessert or snack.
Bengali Malpua Ingredints:
- 1 cup refined flour or maida.
- 1/4 cup sooji(semolina).
- 1/2 cup milk.
- 1/2 cup sugar.
- 200 gm condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon green cardamom powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon funnel seeds/ saunf.
- Ghee or vegetable oil for deep frying.
Bengali Malpua Cooking process:
|Bengali Malpua Recipe|
- Take a bowl and combine all the ingredients except ghee/oil with water(1 cup should be sufficient) to make a smooth batter.
- Heat ghee or oil in a kadhai/pan for deep frying.
- Pour a ladle full of batter into the kadhai and deep fry on medium heat on both sides till it turns golden brown.The malpua is now ready.
- Repeat step 2 and 3 for the remaining batter.
- Serve hot garnished with cashew nuts.