Chili chicken Dry recipe:
Chili chicken is an Indo-Chinese main dish and is very popular in India.It is available in many road side stalls,dhabas as well as in restaurants.It is a spicy dish with Chinese links but modified to suit the Indian taste buds.There are many varieties of Chili chicken available in India,but the two most popular versions are Chili chicken dry and Chili chicken with gravy(For chili chicken gravy recipe click here).Today I am sharing the recipe of chili chicken dry.It is generally eaten as main dish with Fried rice or noodles .Although it is available in almost every restaurant but making it at home is easy and takes around 20 to 25 minutes to complete.Hope you will like it:)
Chili chicken dry Ingredients:
- 500 grams boneless chicken.
- 2 table spoon maida(Refined flour).
- 2 table spoon corn flour.
- 1 egg.
- 4 to 5 chopped chilies.
- 2 onions cut in cubes or sliced.
- 1 capsicum chopped.
- 2 table spoon soy sauce.
- 2 table spoon red chili sauce.
- 1 table spoon tomato sauce.
- 7 to 8 garlic cloves crushed.
- 1 tea spoon chopped ginger.
- 1/2 tea spoon black pepper powder.
Chili chicken method:
- Marinate the chicken pieces with 1 table spoon soy sauce,egg,2 table spoon maida(refined flour),2 table spoon corn flour and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Now heat oil in a pan and fry the marinated chicken pieces till they become golden brown.Remove and keep aside.
- In the remaining oil add the garlic cloves,ginger and fry till the raw smell of the ginger is gone,now add the chopped onions,green chilies capsicum and saute for 1 minute.Add the tomato sauce,red chili sauce,soy sauce and mix well.Also add the black pepper and salt.
- Now add the fried chicken pieces and let it cook in low heat for 10 to 15 minutes,stir occasionally.
- Serve with noodles or fried rice(For Fried rice recipe click here.).