chitika

Saturday 6 July 2013

Begun(Baingan) Bhaja Recipe

Begun(Baingan) Bhaja Recipe:

Begun bhaja or fried baingan(eggplant) is a short cut but tasty recipe which hardly takes 5 to 10 minutes.I love baingan(eggplant) in any form be it in curry or fried or baked.Begun bhaja goes really well with roti and rice.My mom used to pack begun bhaja with rotis as "tiffin" for me and I too do the same sometimes and my husband never complaints :)  I prefer to use mustard oil for  frying the eggplants but you can use any vegetable oil.

Begun Bhaja Ingredients:

  • 1 baingan(begun)/brinjal(eggplant) sliced.
  • 1 tea spoon turmeric.
  • 1/4 tea spoon red chili powder.
  • salt.
  • oil.(Preferably mustard oil).

Begun Bhaja Method:

  1. Marinate the eggplant slices with salt,turmeric powder and red chili powder.
  2. Heat oil in a pan and fry the pieces in medium heat on both sides till they become golden brown.

  3. Serve hot with rice or roti.


    Preparation time:10 minutes