Plain paratha Ingredients:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour(Atta).
- 1 cup refined flour(Maida).
- 1 table spoon vegetable oil.
- 1 tea spoon sugar.
- salt to taste.
Plain paratha Method:
- Sieve the flour with the salt.
- Add the refined oil and mix well. Add enough water and make a semi-soft dough,as you would do for any paratha/roti.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal parts and turn them into smooth balls.
- Roll each ball into a 5" circle.Brush with ghee and fold it into half.
roll out into a 5" circle
Brush wit ghee and fold into half
- Brush again with ghee and fold.
Brush with ghee and fold
- Roll out it again into a triangular shape.You can use flour to dust the surface where you will roll the paratha so that the paratha does not stick to the surface. Now your parathas are ready to be cooked.
Roll the parathas into triangular shape
- Heat ghee in a tawa or griddle and cook the parathas on both side.
- Serve hot with curry.