Ingredients for the dough:
- 2 cups maida(Refined flour).
- 1/2 sup sooji(semolina).
- 1/2 cup curd.
- 1 table spoon sugar.
- 2 table spoon condensed milk.
Ingredients for the sugar syrup:
- 1 cup sugar.
- 1 1/2 cup water.
- 1/4 tea spoon elaichi powder(Cardamom powder).
- Ghee or vegetable Oil for deep frying.
badusha Cooking process:
- In a mixing bowl add the curd,sugar and condensed milk and mix well and sieve the maida and sooji with that mixture.
- Now add little water and knead the mixture into a soft dough.let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough in equal size balls,start shaping the badushas,you van give them any shape that you want ,I personally like the spiral shape ,so I roll each ball into a 8 to 10 inch long rope and coil it from start to end to form a spiral shape.
- Do the same for the remaining dough balls.
- Now we will start making the sugar syrup .Add the water and sugar in a pan and bring it to boil.Once the water starts boiling turn the heat low and stir continuously till the sugar dissolves completely and the mixture is clear,this will take around 4 to 5 minutes.Now add the elaichi powder ,stir again and Keep aside the sugar syrup.
- Heat oil or ghee for deep frying and fry each badusha coil till they become golden brown.Dip them in the sugar syrup immediately on both sides and let them soak the sugar syrup for 1 hour before serving.