Phool kopir dalna(Cauliflower curry):
Phool kopir dalna (Cauliflower curry) ingredients:
- 1 bay leaf,torn half.
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds.
- 2 teaspoon grated ginger.
- 2 potatoes,peeled and cut in long pieces.
- 250 gms cauliflower,cut in medium size pieces.
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder.
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder.
- 1 tomato,cut in pieces.
- 3 to 4 green chillies ,slit.
- 1 tablespoon ghee(optional)
- salt to taste.
|Phool Kopir dalna/Cauliflower Curry|
Phool kopir dalna (Cauliflower curry) Cooking method:
- Marinate the cauliflower with salt and 1 teaspoon turmeric powder and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the marinated cauliflower and potatoes separately.Keep aside.
- now heat oil and add the bay leaf and cumin seeds,once the cumin seeds start to crackle add the grated ginger and fry for 1 minute or so.
- Now add the rest of the spices(i.e turmeric powder,cumin powder,red chilli powder.... don't add the garam masala right now) with a little water and saute till the oil separates from the spices.
- Now add the fried cauliflower and potatoes and mix well with the spices,cook them for 2 to 3 minutes in medium heat.
- Also add the tomatoes and green chillies ,mix well.Add 1 cup water and bring it to boil.
- Cook till you get the desired consistency ,add the garam masala and 1 tablespoon ghee(optional) before you remove from heat.
Phool kopir dalna/Cauliflower Curry
- Your Phool kopir dalna/Cauliflower Curry is ready now.Serve with rice or roti.