Bengali chicken Curry(murgir mangsher jhol) Recipe:
Bengali Chicken curry(murgir mangsher jhol)Ingredients:
- 1 Kg chicken,cut in medium size pieces.
- 1 Onion finely chopped.
- 2 Onions cut in 4 pieces each(cut quarterly) .
- 2 tomatoes cut in 4 pieces each(cut quarterly).
- 3 medium sized potatoes,peeled and cut in halves.
- 3 to 4 chopped green chilies.
- 2 tablespoon grated ginger.
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder.
- 2 bay leaves.
- 1 inch long cinnamon stick.
- 3 to 4 cardamom.
- 2 tablespoon garlic paste.
- 3 tablespoon onion paste.
- 3 tablespoon red chili powder.
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 2 tablespoon cumin powder.
- garam masala powder.
- oil for frying.
- salt to taste.
Bengali Chicken curry(murgir mangsher jhol) Marination Ingredients:
- 2 teaspoon red chili powder.
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 2 teaspoon cumin powder.
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder.
- 2 tablespoon oil.
Bengali Chicken curry(murgir mangsher jhol) Preparation:
- Make a masala(spice) paste out of the grated ginger,coriander powder,garlic paste,red chili powder,cumin powder.
- wash the chicken and marinate it with marination ingredients(red chili powder,turmeric powder,cumin powder,oil,coriander powder) and keep aside for at least 1 hour.
Bengali Chicken curry(murgir mangsher jhol) Method:
- Fry the potatoes till they turn golden brown and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai or pan and add the cinnamon stick,cardamom,bay leaves,once they start to splatter add the finely chopped onion and fry till they become soft.
- Now add the masala mix that we prepared and stir fry till the oil separates from the spices.
- Add the marinated chicken and mix well with the spices, cook in medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes.You will have to stir frequently to prevent it from sticking to the pan.You will see the oil is separating from the sides.
- Now add the quarterly cut onions and tomato and green chilies ,mix with the chicken. Also add the fried potato pieces and stir fry for sometime.Add salt to taste.
- Add 2 cup of warm water in it and place a lid on the pan and let it simmer in medium heat for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid ,add garam masala and cook till you get the desired consistency.Serve with roti or rice.