Lacha Paratha(layered Indian bread) Recipe:
Lacha Paratha(Layered Indian bread) Ingredients :
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (atta).
- 1 teaspoon butter.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Lukewarm water for kneading.
- 1 egg (optional).
Other Ingredients :
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour for rolling.
- Oil or ghee to cook.
Lacha paratha Method :
- Sieve the flour with the salt and sugar.
- Add the butter,egg(optional) and mix well. Add enough water and make a semi-soft dough,as you would do for any paratha/roti.
- Cover with a damp cloth and keep aside .
- Knead the dough again before using and divide into 3 equal parts.Shape each into a round ball. Flatten a little.roll it into thin chapatti.
- Make fleets out of that .
- and coil it into a spiral.
- Apply oil on that and roll it into chapatti.This makes one Lachcha Paratha. Make up all the remaining dough the same way.
- Heat oil or ghee in a flat pan and place the chapatti on it,cook the paratha on both sides till it turn crispy and golden brown.
- Server with any curry or gravy based dish.