Dum Aloo Curry Recipe:
Dum Aloo Ingredients:
- 4 potatoes,cut in big pieces.
- 2 onions chopped.
- 1 tomato cut in 4 pieces.
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder.
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder.
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder.
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder.
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves.
- Garam masala.
Dum Aloo Cooking method:
- Heat 2 cup of water in a pan and boil the potatoes till they are 3/4 done.take out the potatoes from the water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the chopped onions till they become soft.
- Now add the potatoes and fry them till they turn golden brown.
- Add the red chili powder,pepper powder,turmeric powder,cumin powder,coriander powder and mix well,you might have to sprinkle some water so that the spices do not burn.
- Add the tomato pieces and stir fry for another 1 to 2 minute.
- Add salt and 1 cup water,mix well.Cook till you get a thick gravy.Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve with roti or chapatis.