Mutton Biriyani Recipe:
Mutton Biriyani Ingredients:
- 300 gms boneless, skinless mutton pieces cut into chunks.
- 1 cup basmati rice.
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and halved.
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped.
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt.
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste.
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed cardamom.
- 1(1 inch) cinnamon stick.
- 4 cups mutton stock.
- 3 whole cloves.
- salt to taste.
- saffron mix in 1/2 cup milk.
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves.
- 2 bay leaves.
Mutton Biriyani Cooking Method:
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry potatoes till they turn golden brown,keep aside.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai and the bay leaves ,cinnamon stick,crushed cardamom and fry for 2 minutes.Now add the chopped onions ,deep-fry the onion slices till golden.Add chili, pepper, turmeric, cumin, salt and the tomatoes. Fry, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.Add the yogurt ,mix well and Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until the tomatoes are cooked. you may need to add a little hot water if the mixture becomes too dry and starts to stick to the pan.
- Then add mutton and the fried potatoes along with required salt.Saute till it forms a thick gravy and oil starts to separate from the mutton.Now add 1 cup water and put a lid on the pan and let it cook in medium heat till the mutton becomes tender.It might take 30 to 35 minutes,check occasionally to see that the mutton does not stick to the pan.It should form a thick gravy.
- Heat oil or ghee in a thick bottom pan and spread half the rice in a layer.Spread the mutton gravy on top of the rice layer,now spread the remaining rice on top of the mutton layer.Sprinkle saffron milk. Cover and cook till done.Serve with raita .